What A Busy Week at Wilmot
Earlier this week many students participated in National Bike to School Day. In coordination with the District Bike and Walk to School Day, the Wilmot student council held their annual healthy walk. Students participated in a walk with their class to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Last night we held the first of two Innovation Nights. Thanks to our staff, students and families who helped to make this event a huge success. The evening kicked off with an outstanding music performance by our kindergarten students. Students showcased their talents and performed songs that they have learned throughout the year. Second graders shared their knowledge of coding by creating projects aligned to writing, using Scratch Jr. Talk about a growth mindset – just a few short weeks ago very few of these students or teachers had used coding in this way. The third grade “Living Wax Museum” allowed students to use their creativity and communication skills to teach others about a historical figure they have studied in a recent biography unit. Students dressed up and shared clues about their historical figure. The LMC was busy all night. Some students shared their Comic Life projects in the SMART Lab, others used iPads to operate the Dot and Dash Robots and many students showed their parents some of their favorite spots in the LMC. I can’t wait to see what happens next week when first, fourth and fifth graders will join us for their Innovation Night!
To learn more about what’s happening at Wilmot check out the latest edition of WESN (Wilmot Elementary School News). Click here.
Wilmot Innovation Nights(s) (ongoing posting) Please click the links below for the schedule of events and visitations
Families of 1st, 4th and 5th graders will attend on Tuesday, May 16. Click here for information about the May 16 event.
In addition to our classroom teachers specials and support staff will be available for visits each evening. The following staff will be present on May 16 (from 5:30 – 7:30).
PE – Mr. Tallidis (in the GMA), Art – Mrs. Dubin, TAP – Ms. Kinley, Instructional Coach -Ms. Schafer, Resource – Mrs. LoSavio, Resource – Mrs. Reedy, School Social Worker – Mrs. Pettinger, Speech and Language – Mrs. Smith, Interventionist – Mrs. Zwirn, LMC – Ms. Lathan
Want to Ride to School on a Firetruck?
The Wilmot Student Council is selling raffle tickets for a ride to school on a firetruck with the Deerfield Fire Department. All funds raised will support the Student Council. For more information check out this flier from the Wilmot Student Council.
The Wilmot Talent Show is Back (4th posting)
Get ready for our annual Wilmot talent show. Ms. Rallis will again coordinate the talent show for students in 2nd – 5th grades. Import dates:
- Tuesday May 29th – Dress Rehearsal 3:30 – 5 (Mandatory)
- June 1st – Evening Show (5:30 pm)
- June 9th –In School Show for students and staff only (Time TBA)
Munch on Menchie’s for a student council fundraiser.
On May 16 from 4-7 Menchie’s will donate a portion of their proceed to Wilmot student council! Click here for more information. Enjoy.
Field Day (4th posting)
Field Day is scheduled for Friday, June 2nd. This is a full-day event involving outdoor
activities that will be split into two parts (K-2 in the morning from 9:00-11:10 and 3-5 in the afternoon from 1:00-3:15). Each grade will be wearing their class T-shirt to demonstrate their Wilmot Pride! Lunch will occur at their normal times. Students will eat their previously ordered “Fun Lunch” or a sack lunch from home. In addition, we are in need of parent volunteers. Please email mr. Tallidis at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out..
Student Council Meetings
- June 5 (all representatives and alternates)
Wilmot PTO News
If you are looking for ways to get involved at Wilmot consider joining a PTO committee for the 2017-2018 school year. Email the PTO presidents if you are interested in volunteering at email@example.com.
Wilmot Philanthropy Club (from Ms. Schmidt) (4th posting)
The Wilmot Philanthropy Club has been very successful this year as we work to give back to the community. Team Give has helped organize school events throughout the year, roughly one event each month. We created marketing materials to help promote events, participated in arts and crafts projects that support charities, collected and sorted donated items, made school announcements, and much more. Please visit our website below for more information! http://teamgive.weebly.com/
- Friday, May 12
- Kindy AM field trip to Wagner Farm (Epstein & Whelan)
- South Park/Wilmot 5th grade social mixer at CMS – 6:00 pm
- Monday, May 15 – BOE meeting at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 16
- 1st, 4th and 5th grade Innovation Night
- 3rd grade instrumental music parent recruitment evening
- Thursday, May 18 – 3rd grade in-school field trip 1:45-3:15 (Schmidt and Craig)
- Friday, May 19 – MAP window ends – 3rd grade in-school field trip 1:45-3:15 (Han and Doloughty)
- Tuesday, May 23 – Philanthropy Fair – 3:30 – 5:00
- Thursday, May 25
- New Student Tours – 3:30 pm
- 4th Grade Little Red Schoolhouse Trip – Heintzelman – morning and Newman – afternoon
- Friday, May 26 – 4th Grade Little Red Schoolhouse Trip – Craig – morning and Bonus – afternoon
- Monday, May 29 – No School due to Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30 – 4th quarter DCA testing window opens
- Thursday, June 1 – Evening Talent Show – 5:30 pm in the Wilmot gym
- Friday, June 2 – Field Day
- Monday, June 5
- Student Council meeting-8:15 LMC
- Field Day rain date
- BOE meeting – 7:00 pm
- Thursday, June 8 – 4th grade history hunt- 9:00-10:30, 1:00-3:00
- Friday, June 9
- 5th grade breakfast – 7:30
- Awards Assembly – 9:00 am