What A Busy Week at Wilmot – Wilmot Gives Back
This week Team Give (Wilmot’s Philanthropy Club) held their first (and hopefully annual) Philanthropy Fair. Students set up booths in the Wilmot GMA this past Wednesday to sell items in an effort to raise money for Alex’s Lemonade Stand. This organization raises money for and increases awareness of childhood cancer. Click here to learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand. Students made and sold baked goods, craft items and even homemade pickles. Others set up a photobooth to raise funds. Team Give raised over $900 and learned how to organize, create and sell items at a fair. Thank you to Ms. Schmidt and the Wilmot PTO for supporting this event.
What to do if your child (K-4th) is not returning to Wilmot next year (2nd posting)
- Email me as soon as possible at email@example.com
- Include your child’s anticipated last day of attendance at Wilmot.
- Include the forwarding address or, at a minimum, the city and state you will be moving to.
- The new school will send us a written request for student records after you have registered. All student records will be sent directly to the new school. If we know that you are moving we will prepare these in advance to decrease the time it takes to prepare and send student records.
The Wilmot Talent Show (ongoing posting)
Our students have been preparing for the talent show with Ms. Rallis. The kids are really excited for this special event. Here are some important details:
- Tuesday May 30th – Mandatory Dress Rehearsal from 3:30 – 5:00. Students may bring a snack and we will practice in the big gym. Students must bring all costumes, props, and anything else necessary for their performance.
- For the evening show on June 1, please drop students off at 5:10 to ensure that all performers are in position and ready for the show which will begin at 5:30. Students should report directly to the Multi Purpose Room, which is located behind the stage. Only students participating in the talent show should report to the MPR (no parents/siblings please). All families should find seating in the audience. Students will have open seating after their act is completed in the front of the gym, so you do not need to save them seats
- The student council is sponsoring this as a final fundraiser to raise money for playground balls and equipment and a variety of charitable organizations. We ask each family to make a donation that you feel comfortable with as you enter the talent show.
- June 9th, the last day of school, is our in-school talent show. Please send your child to school with the same materials they had from the nighttime show. This show is for students and staff only (Time TBA)
Field Day (final posting)
Field Day is scheduled for Friday, June 2nd. This is a full-day event involving outdoor
activities that will be split into two parts (K-2 in the morning from 9:00-11:10 and 3-5 in the afternoon from 1:00-3:15). Each grade will be wearing their class T-shirt to demonstrate their Wilmot Pride! Lunch will occur at their normal times. Students will eat their previously ordered “Fun Lunch” or a sack lunch from home. In addition, we are in need of parent volunteers. Please email mr. Tallidis at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out..
Lost and Found (2nd posting)
We will set up a lost and found table in the interior foyer next week. Please stop by and look for lost items. All items will be donated on June 10.
Traffic and Parking
I want to once again request your assistance in following our traffic and parking procedures. All students are to be dropped off in the west parking lot. Parents must pull all the way forward when dropping students and should remain in their cars. If your child requires additional assistance please park and walk your child to the sidewalk. Additionally, our neighbors have reached out asking that parents respect the rules of the road to ensure a safe community for walkers, bike riders and drivers
Student Council Meetings
- June 5 (all representatives and alternates)
Wilmot PTO News
If you are looking for ways to get involved at Wilmot consider joining a PTO committee for the 2017-2018 school year. Email the PTO presidents if you are interested in volunteering at wilmot pto email@example.com.
- Monday, May 29 – No School due to Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30 – 4th quarter DCA testing window opens
- Thursday, June 1 – Evening Talent Show – 5:30 pm in the Wilmot gym
- Friday, June 2 – Field Day
- Monday, June 5
- Student Council meeting-8:15 LMC
- Field Day rain date
- BOE meeting – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 7 – Final PAWS assembly
- Thursday, June 8 – 4th grade history hunt- 9:00-10:30, 1:00-3:00
- Friday, June 9
- 5th grade breakfast – 7:30
- Awards Assembly – 9:00 am