The Wilmot Word: 1-13-17http://wilmot.dps109.org/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Eileen Brett Eileen Brett http://2.gravatar.com/avatar/ee4f7c453e90923f1b99b948dbe0ea0d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
What a Busy Week at Wilmot
Last night 4th and 5th grade band students held their winter concert. Students have been preparing all semester and played several songs including the 4th and 5th grade versions of “Let’s Go Band.” Congratulations to Mr. Dessent and both bands on a great concert. Today we had a great 50s spirit day! Thanks to everyone who made this a fun and special day! I enjoyed celebrating my special birthday with the entire Wilmot family. I am very fortunate to be a part of such a caring school community!
No School on Monday
As a reminder there is no school this Monday in recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Kindergarten & New 1st Grade Student Registration for 2017-2018 (2nd posting)
Please share this information with friends and neighbors with incoming kindergarten and new first grade students!
Online registration for incoming kindergarten and new first grade students for the 2017-2018 school year will open on February 1! You do not have to re-register current students in grades K-7 for next year; registration is only for students who will be new to District 109 in the 2017-2018 school year (and Helping Hands students moving to kindergarten). You can register children for kindergarten who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2017.
In order to assist us in gathering information about incoming kindergarten and new 1st grade students I ask that you click here to complete our Wilmot Information Form.
Now, follow the steps below to complete your district registration.
- Complete online registration:
- If you are a current District 109 parent, log into your Family Access account and click the New Student Online Registration button on the left navigation bar.
- If you are new to District 109, click this link to begin the registration process.
- Print all registration materials (the registration form and three supplements), and gather required proof-of-residency documents (listed on the registration and residency page) and your child’s original birth certificate.
- Plan to attend a Drop In/Drop Off session at the District Center (517 Deerfield Road, by the Little Red Schoolhouse) to review documentation and verify residency:
- Monday, February 6, 2017 from 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 7:30am – 1:00pm
Full-day kindergarten will be offered for 2017-2018. Parents also will have the option to send their kindergarten child for half of the school day. The Board of Education has not yet made a decision about the amount that will be charged for full-day kindergarten for 2017-2018 (it is expected to be less than the $2,080 fee for the 2016-2017 school year). We will communicate the tuition information as soon as it is approved by the Board.
If you have questions about registration, please contact Audrey Beresid at email@example.com.
LifeSkills Parent Program
I hope that many of you will attend the January 17 Lifeskills Parent Program at 7:00pm at Shepard Middle School. The is session two of the seven sessions scheduled. This program is an interactive, skills-based program designed to help parents promote positive health and personal development in their children. Based on the Botvin LifeSkills curriculum used in District 109 classrooms, this program gives parents collaborative tools to use with their children to reinforce competency in the skills that have been found to reduce and prevent substance use. See the complete schedule of sessions and plan to attend as many as your schedule allows.
The Student Council is sponsoring the following spirit days. Students are encouraged to join in the fun. If students prefer they are always encouraged to wear spirit wear or blue and white on Fridays.
- Friday, January 20 – College Day
Student Council Meeting Dates – All meetings are held at 8:15
- February 13
- March 13
- April 10
- May 8
- June 5 (all representatives and alternates)
Wilmot PTO News
- Mark your calendars – our annual BINGO Night will be held on Friday, February 24.
- After School Enrichment classes start this Monday, January 9
- Monday, January 16 – No School In recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Wednesday, January 18 – Wilmot Spelling Bee for finalists from 4th and 5th grades – 12:50
- Monday, February 20 – No School in recognition of Presidents’ Day
- Thursday, February 23 – 2nd and 4th grade music concert and art show – times TBD
- Friday, February 24 – PTO BINGO Night
- Saturday, February 25 – District 109 Speech Tournament for 3rd- 5th grade students (held at Kipling Elementary School)
- Wednesday, March 22 – 1st and 3rd grade music concert and art show – times TBD